Friday, February 10, 2012

3:30 Wake Up Call

At 3:30 this morning I woke to what sounded like an explosion. It was loud... loud enough to make Daniel roll over ( and it takes a lot to wake that man up). At first I really didn't think much of it. Its not out of the ordinary to hear a shot gun go off around here at all times, so I rolled back over. A few minutes later I heard it again. This time I knew something wasn't right. I sat straight up in the bed, and as soon as I did I could hear sirens coming from off in the distance. I slapped Daniel's arm in a panic and said "Somethings Wrong". I didn't know what was wrong, other than Something was not right. I hopped out of the bed and as soon as I stood up I saw a BRIGHT glow from the front window of our house. I went running to the window and literally I am still trying to wrap my head around what I saw... Our neighbors house across the street was Fully engulfed in flames. I screamed for Daniel, grabbed the baby monitor, and ran outside... My first thought was to find out if anybody was in the house. Praise the Lord though, the family was out of town! You want to talk about a humbling experience.. Standing outside in the middle of the night watching your neighbors house burn to the ground. I literally stood there with tears in my eyes watching there curtains burn... I could not even begin to imagine. So if you find yourself with a free moment today, say a prayer for this family.   Here Is a video I took when I ran out the front door of our house. Sorry for the heavy breathing I was in full on PANIC MODE!




No comments:

Post a Comment